Friday, September 25, 2009

First time for fondant!

I was very excited about making this birthday cake because this was the first time I got to use fondant, as well as my first tiered cake!! I was given full creative reign, so I had a good idea of what I wanted the cake to look like, and I picked my favorite colors: pink, black, and white.  As I said, this was my first time working with fondant, and lets just say between dying it and rolling it out, I learned a lot!  It was not as easy to work with as I thought it was going to be!  There were a few moments where I wanted to pull my hair out, or throw the cake out the window, but I stuck with it.  It was a good learning experience, and I know my next one will turn out much better!  This cake was made with basic yellow cake with a mocha mousse filling.  Here is the end result....



No comments:

Post a Comment