Thursday, September 17, 2009

Exciting News!

As much as I love baking and decorating cakes and cupcakes, I still have a lot to learn!  Everything I've learned in baking so far has been from watching my mother, grandmother, and aunt in the kitchen all these years.  Everything I've learned in decorating has been from watching shows like Ace of Cakes, or Cake Boss.  I haven't had any formal training thus far, and although I consider myself creative, there is only so much I can do being self-taught.  So, after much thought and consideration, I decided to register for classes at the Wilton School of Cake Decorating in Darien, Illinois!  I've enrolled in their Master Course, where I will learn to make 15 different flowers, 20 types of borders, and by the end of the course will be doing a 3-tiered wedding cake!  The session I'm enrolled in is from January 25th - February 5th 2010.  Until then, I will continue to make cakes to the very best of my ability, and will be counting the days until I can take my skills to the next level!  Thank you to all my family and friends for their amazing support in making me realize the potential I have, and encouraging me to take this next step! 

No comments:

Post a Comment