Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Swell Season

In honor of my favorite band, The Swell Season, I decided to make a cake to celebrate their first show in Orlando.  They recently announced a second leg of a U.S. tour, and for the first time, they booked some shows in Florida!  I'm so excited to finally get to see them live in May, I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to show my excitement and love for the band...and what better way then to make them a cake?!?  I used their owl logo as my inspiration, and added a piano key border along with some music notes.  


I love this band so much I have also named one of my most popular cupcakes after my favorite Irishman, Glen Hansard who is the singer for The Swell Season.  'Glen's Cup' cupcakes are based on the popular drink, the Irish car bomb.  It's a chocolate cake made with Irish stout, a chocolate ganache filling infused with Irish whiskey, all topped off with sweet Irish cream frosting.  Although today is St. Patrick's Day, these cupcakes are delicious on any occasion!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment